Animation Schools - Animator Training
Animators are visual artists who produce and capture individual frames of film using a drawn image, models or computer graphics. Computer animation has speeded up the process considerably, and has been responsible for the intensely realistic and complex animation we now see in movies, advertisements, and the Internet and computer games.
If you are an artistic and creative person and want to get involved in this fascinating, fast-growing area, animation schools are the ideal place to start.
Although a great deal of animation is now computer-generated, most animation schools will require a portfolio of original artwork along with a good high school record. Programs can take the form of degrees or intensive courses built to fit round an existing career.
There is a wide range of courses available, and animation may be part of a wider study, but you should expect to cover some physics, psychology as applied to 2D or 3D characters, the laws of human motion, life drawing and rendering techniques, and the application of audio and video to an animation project.
Job Outlook for Animators
The days are gone when animation was a niche area with few openings. The proliferation of animation in all types of electronic media means opportunities are growing all the time. A large proportion of animators are freelance, however, relying on temporary contracts.
A fortunate few can end up working for companies such as Pixar. Competition for most jobs, however, will be strong and the number of people interested in these positions usually exceeds the number of available openings. For this reason you should aim to find the best animation schools.
Trained animators often enter at the bottom, but hard work and perseverance can bring lucrative rewards. This is very much an area where you have to love what you do and, if you do, can become part of something special.
- Game Art & Design (BS)
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Campus-based and online degrees include Computer Animation (BS), Digital Arts and Design (BS), Graphic Design (BS), and more
- Students take ongoing portfolio courses that allow them to build and refine their design portfolio
- Courses teach skills such as advertising, branding, visual messaging, and concept design
- Curriculum combines elements of creativity, art, business and life skills, technical prowess, and academic achievement
- Online Courses
- An accredited computer training academy preparing students to enter the IT industry as Network Engineers, Software Engineers, Web Apps Developer, Website Designers, Programmers, Database Administrators since 2000.
- Holds A+ certification from CompTIA.
- Located in Los Angeles, approximately 10 minutes away from LAX.
- Flexible class schedules offered during day times, evenings and weekends.
- Helping students start a career in technology within 3 - 9 months.
- Educates with the mission to serve the needs of the local community and graduates by matching opportunities to skills.
- Military friendly school.
- Financial Aid
- Located in Hollywood, CA, offering degrees in film, music production, business, animation and more.
- Scholarship, financial aid and military benefits are available for students who qualify.
- Programs taught by award-winning industry professionals in real-world working environments.
- Features industry-standard facilities including recording studios, soundstages, green screen, movie theatres and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses