Online Instructor - Training & CareersHome >> Career Search Article Directory >> Online Instructor - Training & Careers
If you're a professional looking to make extra money or even a teacher looking to break traditional molds, online instruction may be for you. With growing online teaching opportunities, more professionals than ever before are taking online teaching jobs and reaping the benefits of an online teaching career.
Teachers in traditional settings often have to deal with long commutes, undisciplined students, and rigid schedules. Online instruction eliminates all of those obstacles, as you can work from your own home and set your own schedule. You can also have an online teaching job without interrupting your full-time career.
Most online teaching jobs are found through online universities, with the majority of students being adult learners looking to advance their careers. As such, these universities seek teachers who have three to five years of professional experience along with a master's degree in their field.
In addition to work experience and the right degree, if you have any teaching experience and are comfortable with electronic communications, you would be an excellent candidate for online instruction.
The world of online teaching is so expansive that online teaching opportunities are offered in almost every field. Even if you have no prior online teaching experience, each university provides training programs for new teachers, which train instructors in the methods of online instruction.
The first step in obtaining online teaching opportunities is to find the online university that has the programs you would like to teach. Once you've found the right fit for you, you can be on your way to being a part of this dynamic and evolving field.
- 95% alumni satisfaction rate.
- Currently holds more than 500 professional alliances, including 19 of the top Fortune 100 companies.
- Potential students may preview a free, one-week mini course to get an accurate impression of the student experience.
- Courses are taught by expert faculty, with 86% of professors possessing a doctoral degree.
- Offers credit for prior experience and learning, as well as scholarships, accelerated programs, and several other ways to help reduce tuition costs.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Ranked as one of the Best Regional Colleges in the Midwest in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Founded in 1892 by the Free Methodist Church with the intent to provide a distinctive, Christ-centered college education for men and women.
- Its location in Greenville, Illinois, gives students opportunities for outreach, fun, hands-on-learning, and civic engagement.
Offers over 50 undergraduate majors as well as adult and graduate programs available online or at partnership locations.
- Online Courses
- Ranked among the 2015 Best Regional Universities in the West by U.S. News & World Report.
- 94% of students in the 2014-2015 academic year received some form of financial aid.
- Student to faculty ratio is 13:1, with an average class size of 15.
- 104 full-time faculty members, and more than 71% of them hold the highest degree in their field.
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Online Courses