Visual Communications Careers - Visual Communication Careers
Visual Communications Careers: Search this directory for information about Visual Communications Careers, and find the perfect campus or online degree program. Please request free information from as many schools as necessary to make the right decision for you - it is risk free and there is no obligation.
If (as they say) a picture is worth a thousand words, Visual Communications must be one of the most effective and direct ways of communicating known to man.
The art and technique of professionals in visual communications careers can be found in many places and in many forms. Advertising, record covers, book illustration and Web design are just a few of numerous examples.
By combining creativity with both traditional and computer drawing, design, and photography, People in visual communications careers are able to contribute eye-catching graphic work which enhances the appearance and function of much published material.
Training for Visual Communications Careers
There are several types of visual communications careers. You may choose between general programs in Visual Communications which offer a wide range of relevant courses, or you may decide to specialize in subjects such as photography, web design, graphic art, illustration, or animation.
Whichever route you elect to follow, your program should combine a study of esthetic and technical topics, and should also provide you with a thorough training in computer design. Programs that give you some business training will help you to prepare to work in Visual Communications in a commercial context.
The competition for visual communications careers is generally competitive, so you should view successful completion of a degree program as being an essential preparation for the world of work.
Outlook for Visual Communications Careers
Job opportunities for graduates in Visual Communications are as diverse as the skills involved. Your future employers may include website development companies, publishing houses, design companies, printers, and advertising agencies. Whether you work as an illustrator, animator, graphic designer, or Web designer, you will find ample and rewarding visual communications careers.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef, Project Runway.
- A team of about 4,000 faculty members are focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Academic programs available in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Program Coordinators work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Offers classes online, as well as at 14 campuses across California, Colorado, Georgia, Illinois and Virginia.
- Curriculum is developed with input from employers, subject matter experts.
- Has provided a hands-on, career-focused education since 1953.
- Small class sizes promote one-on-one, student-teacher interaction.
- No-cost tutoring available in every subject to every enrolled student.
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Online Courses
- Admission is on a rolling basis, with programs starting each month.
- Accepts Military Tuition Assistance (MTA) and will assist in getting required documents toan Educational Service Officer.
- Lecture classes will have no more than 120 students. Lab settings will typically have 6, 9, 12 or 24 students to one lab instructor.
- Career Development Department helps students edit resumes & research the job market. It also maintains an updated record of potential employers in the industry.
- Online Courses
- More than 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study within six months of graduation
- Campus locations feature admissions, financial aid and career services offices, libraries, study areas, computer and electronics labs, cafeterias and common areas, tutoring facilities, and more.
- Centers are smaller, and are located throughout major metropolitan areas.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Degree programs are designed and updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- Offers support for financial aid and job placement
- Online Courses
- Through an agreement with the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, its Yellow Ribbon Program provides tuition contributions to eligible students at a first-come, first-served basis.
- Offers career-focused, degree programs to over 70,000 students at over 140 ITT Technical Institutes in 38 states.
- Classes are offered year-round, typically in the daytime and evening. Online courses can be accessed anywhere, 24 hours a day.
- Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
When students arrive at The Los Angeles Film School, they have passion and a dream. They know where they want to end up, but not how to get there. We will guide you on your journey through our associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs in Film, Recording Arts, Music Production, Animation & VFX, Game Production & Design and Entertainment Business toward fulfilling that dream.