Top Pastry Chef CareersHome >> Articles >> Culinary Arts >> Top Pastry Chef Careers
What Pastry Chef Careers are There?
Being a pastry chef is a very creative field. That’s why within the pastry chef career field there are numerous opportunities for you to express your particular range of skills, abilities, and creativity. Most pastry chefs do indeed begin their career as part of a team of line cooks. From there many pastry chefs rise through the ranks through experience gained or increased education to head chef positions. These roles often allow for far greater creative expression as well as the opportunity to mentor those below you. In a similar line there are pastry chef careers that others find to be more exotic because of their location. Examples of this would be working as a pastry chef in resort, spa, or on a cruise ship. Pastry chefs who work for catering companies often find that they enjoy the diversity afforded to them in this role. If you are interested in a more intimate setting then you would likely find working as a pastry chef for an individual household to be appealing. A new trend in this venue also includes working for a group of households. This would involve traveling between homes and would limit the familial interaction.
Will I Find Fame and Fortune in my Pastry Chef Career?
Of course as in any career there is the appeal of fame and fortune. These roles in the pastry chef career path would be recipe book authors, pastry chef competitor winners, and pasty cooking show hosts. To give yourself the best opportunity to move into your ideal pastry chef career, keep in mind that increased education increases opportunity.
- Art of Cooking (D)
- Culinary Management (BS)
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses