A good catering sales action plan will help you define the scope of your business, identify you target consumer audience, and determine your staffing needs. It will also help you determine what you will need to start up and develop a set of business goals. Read More...
Pastry Chef Schools - Pastry Chef Training
Everytime you put your mouth around a delicious piece of cheesecake or dip your spoon into an exquisite crème Brule, you are enjoying the creation of a pastry chef.
Pastry is the art of the sweet. Pastry chefs attend pastry schools where they learn the production process behind cream puffs, pies, pastries and more.
Pastry chefs learn how to mold chocolate and fondant as well as spin sugar. At pastry chef schools, you will learn how to create the sweet concoctions that end every fine meal.
Pastry Chef Schools around the World
There are many pastry schools all across the globe, and while all of them provide a solid basic education, each one certainly has its own specialty. Some pastry chef schools may focus more on breads and rolls, while others may specialize in chocolate creations.
Pastry chefs must be creative, patient and dedicated. They must also have excellent manual dexterity, because they do so much fine, detailed work with their hands.
The Future Forecast for Pastry Chef Employment
Pastry chefs are employed by fine restaurants, hotels, caterers and bakeries. Some pastry chefs may run their own patisseries, orbakeries, making anything from a simple sweet roll to creating magnificent, multi-tiered wedding cakes. Pastry chefs, like other chefs must have a background and education in their craft to be competitive in the field.
A degree from a pastry chef school is essential for individuals who desire to compete for the top positions. Opportunities for pastry chefs, especially those working in restaurants and hotels will grow as the trend toward eating out instead of at home also continues to grow.
- Culinary Arts (AS)
- Culinary Management (BS)
- Program areas include Culinary Arts, Culinary Management, and more
- Students are taught cooking styles from around the globe, including Classical European, Asian, and Latin cuisine
- Curriculum designed to prepare students for a career as a chef, with course topics that include Culinary Techniques, Management by Menu, and Nutrition
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses