Schools in MaineHome >> Schools by Location >> Maine
When you drive into Maine on the highway, you'll pass by a big sign that says, "Welcome to Maine: The Way Life Should Be." And though you won't find this saying on the state flag or license plates, this is how many Maine residents feel about their state.
In Maine, which boasts excellent skiing, sightseeing, sailing, and summer sports, the pace is slow and relaxed. Maine's capital city is Augusta, but its largest city is Portland, which many have compared to a "mini-Boston," with boutiques, excellent restaurants, public markets, and a thriving artistic community. Maine's nickname is the "Pine tree State," and its Latin motto, "Dirigo," means "I Direct." This authoritative motto underscores Maine's independent spirit.
Once a part of Massachusetts, Maine's residents are extremely proud of their state and don't like being told what to do! Nearby Canadian cities like Montreal and Quebec City are only a few hours away from central Maine - a travel opportunity many college students take advantage of.
Schools in Maine
- Ranked one of the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs in 2014 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Offers a no-obligation, 3-week trial period where students may determine if the university is right for them before they commit to it.
- Strives to be a student’s partner in lifelong learning; committed to helping them achieve their goals.
- Serves students of all ages, from first-graders learning to read to professionals seeking postgraduate training.
- Provides career-oriented diploma through master’s programs in fields such as healthcare, business, legal and paralegal services, information technology, criminal justice and design.