A good catering sales action plan will help you define the scope of your business, identify you target consumer audience, and determine your staffing needs. It will also help you determine what you will need to start up and develop a set of business goals. Read More...
Baking Schools - Baking and Pastry Training
Baking schools, also known as pastry schools, are commonly a division within a larger culinary arts institute. Baking school students learn the art of baking breads, rolls, cakes and other pastries. Students may also learn cake decoration and molding techniques.
Baking schools offer the same basic core curriculum as other culinary arts programs. Courses in ingredient properties, food science and nutrition, management and business are all a part of a baking school education. Because some type of bread usually accompanies every meal, bakers are an important part of the culinary industry.
Employment for Baking School Graduates
Graduates from baking schools can expect to get jobs in a number of different capacities. Individuals with a degree or certification from a culinary arts or baking school may work in restaurants, hotels or bakeries. Baking school graduates may create the desserts for fine restaurants, work for catering companies or create the baked goods for large banquets. Many baking school graduates go into specialty baking, such as wedding cakes or artisan breads. Large food production companies also hire baking school graduates to oversee product development and quality control.
Career Outlook for Individuals with Baking School Training
Rather than bake bread at home, the majority of American households purchase their bread from grocery stores or bakeries. People are also opting to buy desserts and sweets rather than make them at home.
For this reason, bakers will continue to find jobs in their field. People are increasingly interested in artisan baked goods, meaning breads and rolls made by hand and baked in brick ovens. As this trend increases, individuals with baking school experience will find more and more job opportunities. For this reason, anyone interested in a baking career should look into getting a baking school education.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Offers more than 150 self-paced, career-relevant programs that are connected to a supportive 24/7 online community of students and faculty.
- Profiled in many publications such as The Boston Globe, Fox Business, and Inside Higher Ed.
- Nearly 25,000 graduates each year.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses