The need for qualified computer technicians will be a constant now that computers are an integral part of our lives and employment. A Plus certification ensures that you have the skills needed to meet that need. Read More...
Network Administration Training - Network Administrator Certification
If you are interested in becoming a network administrator, you need to think carefully about the training you need and how you start your career. Many people take their first job and during the first nine months they start training in order to be able to get certification in network administration.
Network Administration Certification
If you decide to go down the pathway of network administration certification, you can choose to gain certification using the particular hardware and/or software you are working with, for example Novell Networks or Cisco, or you can choose to gain generic certification, for example using CompTIA's Network+. Generic network administration certification gives you the advantage that it is applicable to all possible networking situations, but you may be able to gain more and more in-depth certification in vendor certification schemes. You may find that your particular installation has a pre-defined certification pathway that they expect you to take, but whatever you decide to do, certification will certainly help your career.
Network Administration Career Prospects
As computer installations including networking proliferate, then the demand for network administration is increasing. Larger companies are using more and more complex networking, linking LANS and Wide Area Networks with Internet and intranet links; as these platforms become more complex, so there is a greater need for network administrators. However, there is also growth for working with smaller companies on a consultancy basis. There are many small companies that have local area networks with access to the Internet, who do not need anyone on a full-time basis, but do need help and maintenance on a part-time basis. This kind of job is increasingly attractive, and gives you the chance to widen your experience with many different installations and network administration duties.
- 95% alumni satisfaction rate.
- Currently holds more than 500 professional alliances, including 19 of the top Fortune 100 companies.
- Courses are taught by expert faculty, with 86% of professors possessing a doctoral degree.
- Offers credit for prior experience and learning, as well as scholarships, accelerated programs, and several other ways to help reduce tuition costs.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Phoenix Career Services™ help students find careers that match their interests & map out a personalized career plan.
- Mentorships & networking opportunities available through Alumni Association of 800,000+ graduates.
- Flexible start date and class schedules.
- Locations nationwide and online options.
- Offers special military rates and special advisors who have a military background.
- Students can earn credits for applicable military training and education.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid