Schools in MissouriHome >> Schools by Location >> Missouri
Missouri is known as the "Show Me State," a moniker which might confuse first-time visitors. There are many legends surrounding the origins of this motto, but the most popular explanation attributes it to Missouri congressman Willard Duncan Vandiver, who served in the United States House of Representatives from 1897 to 1903.
One night during a speech, Vandiver remarked, "I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."
This just about sums up Missouri's curious, proud spirit. The state has a lot to be proud of, at that; cities like St. Louis and the capital city of Jefferson City are thriving, lively areas. Missouri's state bird is the bluebird, though its major league baseball team is the St. Louis Cardinals. Its state song is the "Missouri Waltz."
Schools in Missouri
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1968.
- Founded in 1954, it has been providing corporate training solutions in the private sector for 60 years.
- Offers programs in HVAC training, Computer Technology, Medical Assisting, and more.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and the Kansas State Board of Regents (KBOR).
- Main campus is located in Wichita, Kansas, with 4 additional branch campuses.
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Designated as a 2016 Military Friendly School by Victory Media.
- Offers several aviation maintenance programs, including engineering, electronics, helicopter, and avionics technology.
- Tutoring and advising services are available to students at no additional cost.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 11 campuses across the United States, with locations in California, Virginia, Texas, Indianapolis, Florida, and more.