The field of curriculum and technology focuses on technological trends and how they are instructed in the classroom. With so many advances in technology over the past ten years, there has been an increased demand for technology instruction in K-12 education. State, federal, and corporate funding has been dedicated to installing computers and internet access in most K-12 schools, and teaching students how to use them. Read More...
Special Education Degree - Special Education Degree Programs
A special education degree provides individuals with the skills and training they need to educate children with special needs, ranging from students with mild learning disabilities to those with severe mental and physical retardation. Programs in special education are available at all levels, from bachelor’s degrees through advanced graduate degrees.
In many programs, much of the work toward the degree will overlap with a standard education degree. Special education degree programs are differentiated, however, by additional coursework and focused student teaching aimed at providing the in-depth expertise necessary to effectively educate children with special needs.
What can I do with a special education degree?
A special education degree can prepare you to be a special education teacher. It can also prepare you to work in education policy, to work in education leadership positions, or to oversee a variety of types of special education programs.
How can a special education degree advance my career?
If you are looking to become special education teacher, a special education degree will serve as your entrée in to the field. If you are already teaching and are looking to switch over from a standard classroom to a special education classroom, an additional education degree with a focus in special education can help you to do that.
An advanced degree is special education can also increase your teaching salary. In addition, if you are looking to advance into school leadership positions an advanced degree in special education may open those doors as well.
What is the job outlook for individuals with special education degrees?
Schools across America are in need of teachers with the skills to manage classrooms of students with unique educational needs. Individuals with the right training are in high demand. Individuals with special education expertise are also in demand in the education policy arena.
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
- Ranked among the 2015 Best Regional Universities in the West by U.S. News & World Report.
- 94% of students in the 2014-2015 academic year received some form of financial aid.
- Student to faculty ratio is 13:1, with an average class size of 15.
- 104 full-time faculty members, and more than 71% of them hold the highest degree in their field.
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Online Courses