Hotel Management Schools - Hotel Management Training
Whether on vacation or business, people like to feel that they are in their home away from home when they stay at a hotel. Customer service is by far the most important defining factor in the hospitality industry, and hotels are no exception. Guests must feel comfortable and at ease with the hotel staff, as well as with the accommodations.
Hotel Management Positions
The hotel segment of the hospitality industry is important not onlybecause of the service it provides, but because of the number of jobs generated by this segment. Among the many jobs created by hotels, hotel managers are surely the most important.
Hotel management may include several positions within a hotel. Hotel managers may work as general managers, front desk managers, housekeeping managers, or convention and event planning managers. Because of the unique duties of each one, each of the different hotel management positions requires specialized education and training.
Training Required for Hotel Management
General Managers, for example, must be trained in business, guest relations, human resources, organizational behavior and corporate finance. Front desk managers must have specialized training in guest services, computer systems and hospitality fundamentals.
Housekeeping managers must be experienced and educated in cleaning systems and organizational techniques. Convention and event planners must have training in marketing, business and event planning.
Hotel Management Schools
Hotel management schools offer the specialized training required to obtain the different managerial positions within hotel management. Because the competition for these positions is great, employers are increasingly looking at educational background and experience to make their decisions. Hotel management schools offer the courses and programs that lead into these positions.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Flexible Online Learning — Career programs designed for anytime learning. Study when you have time and test when you feel ready.
- Accredited and Supported — Regionally and nationally accredited programs with expert instructors available to answer your questions.
- Affordable Tuition — 0% interest and low monthly payment plans.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses