Restaurant Management Degrees
Dining out is one of life's great pleasures. When you go to a restaurant, you expect an inviting atmosphere, attentive service, and of course, fabulous food. The convenience of dining out is another attractive reason to head out for dinner. Whether it's a special occasion or a bite on the go, you expect certain standards from your restaurant of choice.
The Restaurant Manager's Role in Restaurant Ambience
The standards of service and quality at any given restaurant are set by the restaurant manager. The restaurant manager is responsible for managing every aspect of the restaurant's operation.
When opening a new restaurant, for example, restaurant managers determine the ambience of the restaurant. They may work independently or with interior designers to choose the décor, dishes, furniture and fabrics used in the restaurant. Another important factor in determining the restaurant's atmosphere and theme is the entertainment or music in the restaurant.
Managing Restaurant Staff and Business Affairs
The restaurant manger is also responsible for what goes on in the kitchen. As the manager, you must work closely with the chef on the menu and food preparation. You must hire and fire staff, hold meetings and set the standards of service for the restaurant.
The business affairs of the restaurant are also a part of the manager's job. The manager must oversee the ordering of supplies and materials and keep the books balanced.
Why Restaurant Management Degrees ?
Because the job of restaurant manager is so critical to a restaurant's success, restaurant owners are increasingly seeking candidates with restaurant management degrees. The education and experience that restaurant management degrees represent is important to employers. Because the trend toward eating out is increasing, individuals with restaurant management degrees can expect to have plentiful job opportunities in the foreseeable future. Would-be restaurant managers should look into investing in their education.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef and Project Runway.
- Has a team of about 4,000 faculty members focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Offers programs in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Provides program coordinators who work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Offers more than 150 self-paced, career-relevant programs that are connected to a supportive 24/7 online community of students and faculty.
- Profiled in many publications such as The Boston Globe, Fox Business, and Inside Higher Ed.
- Nearly 25,000 graduates each year.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Founded in 1890 in Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Online Courses