Most employers prefer to hire those with a background in advertising, journalism, marketing, consumer behavior, market research, communications, or art. If you do not have a bachelors degree in one of these fields, you should strongly consider going back to school. Read More...
Video Game Design School - Video Game Designer Training
It's hard to play a fast-moving and addictive video game without being aware of the many elements it contains. The storyline, graphics, animations, sound, music, and programming all play their part in creating a multimedia gaming experience. Most of us are happy just to appreciate the end product, but someone has to do all that game design work. If you have some artistic ability, are prepared to learn new skills and technologies, and are a dedicated video gamester, then perhaps you should be considering what a Video Game Design School could offer you.
What would I learn at Video Game Design School?
What you study at Video Game Design School should match the particular talents that you bring to Video Game Design. If you are looking to develop your graphic and animation skills you should find a program with courses which focus on those aspects. If you see yourself as a programmer then you will need to take courses which give you the right skills in computer hardware and software. This distinction is important, so you should check the courses offered in your Video Game Design School program. Although video games are fun, they are also very big business, so you should assume that potential employers will expect you to have Video Game Design School or similar degree.
Video Game Design job outlook
Growth in video games shows no signs of slowing, and game design houses compete fiercely to create games with more excitement, features, and interactivity. If you are well-trained, ready to work hard, and eager to succeed, then the Video Game Design industry needs your talents, now and into the future.
- Alumni have appeared in reality competition shows such as Top Chef, Project Runway.
- A team of about 4,000 faculty members are focused on helping students tap opportunities in a marketplace driven by ideas.
- Academic programs available in design, media arts, fashion, and culinary.
- Program Coordinators work with students to ensure they have the learning materials, assignments, facilities, and faculty to get the most out of the program.
- Over 50 campus locations nationwide.
When students arrive at The Los Angeles Film School, they have passion and a dream. They know where they want to end up, but not how to get there. We will guide you on your journey through our associate’s and bachelor’s degree programs in Film, Recording Arts, Music Production, Animation & VFX, Game Production & Design and Entertainment Business toward fulfilling that dream.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Offers a high school diploma program through distance learning materials.
- Specializes in distance learning courses to award diplomas.
- Online Courses
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Online Courses