According to the Department of Labor, the FAA requires at least 1.5 years of work experience for certification. In addition, most aircraft mechanics have earned a 2 or 4-year degree from an FAA-certified school. Read More...
Automotive Technician Training - Automotive Technicians
If you are thinking about training for a new career, take a closer look at the benefits of automotive technician training. You will be training for a real career with sought after skills.
You will need to be dexterous, well coordinated and a good problem solver.Many vehicles now have onboard computers designed to manage enginesystems.
Automotive technician training should teach you how todiagnose problems across a variety of systems using a range ofdiagnostic tools as well the most important diagnostic tool of all:your senses!
Automotive Technician Training Courses
There are various automotive technician training courses available, including full-time, part-time, and accelerated courses.
You might find that it is easier to spread courses out over a period of time. This way you can still earn an income, but spread the cost of training over a comfortable length of period.
Many people like you take core courses then build on them at a later date when time and finances permit. You could learn about engine electronics, computerized automotive performance, fuel injection systems, air conditioning systems, anti-lock braking systems (ABS), heavy advanced braking systems, compressed natural gas, computer diagnoses and emissions testing, and systems training in engine performance.
Automotive Technician Job Outlook
According to the Bureau of Labor, voluntary certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) has become a standard credential for automotive technician training. You could aim to become a master technician by passing all eight courses.
To retain your certification title, you will need to retake all eight examinations every five years. Auto ownership is expected to continue to rise. This, combined with the increasing complexity of onboard engine management systems, means that qualified persons should remain in high demand. Once you have achieved certification in any of the eight fields, your job prospects are expected to be very good according to the Bureau of Labor.
- Dedicated to providing career training since 1975.
- Has 13 campus locations in Southern California and a campus in Morrow, GA.
- Provides flexible class times including weekends.
- Offers curriculum that ranges from 8 month diploma programs to 16-month Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Has admissions professionals available to help students decide which diploma or degree program they should pursue.
- Gives job placement assistance strengthened by relationships with local employers.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Students can complete an entry-level technician program in about a year, and manufacturer training and graduate in as little as 18 months.
- Provides technical education training programs for automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle, and marine technicians.
- Partners with many well-known manufacturers, including General Motors, Porsche Cars North America Inc., and BMW of North America LLC.
- Offers internships to students and alumni for first-hand experience.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- Financial Aid