According to the Department of Labor, the FAA requires at least 1.5 years of work experience for certification. In addition, most aircraft mechanics have earned a 2 or 4-year degree from an FAA-certified school. Read More...
Automotive Technician Training - Automotive Technicians
If you are thinking about training for a new career, take a closer look at the benefits of automotive technician training. You will be training for a real career with sought after skills.
You will need to be dexterous, well coordinated and a good problem solver.Many vehicles now have onboard computers designed to manage enginesystems.
Automotive technician training should teach you how todiagnose problems across a variety of systems using a range ofdiagnostic tools as well the most important diagnostic tool of all:your senses!
Automotive Technician Training Courses
There are various automotive technician training courses available, including full-time, part-time, and accelerated courses.
You might find that it is easier to spread courses out over a period of time. This way you can still earn an income, but spread the cost of training over a comfortable length of period.
Many people like you take core courses then build on them at a later date when time and finances permit. You could learn about engine electronics, computerized automotive performance, fuel injection systems, air conditioning systems, anti-lock braking systems (ABS), heavy advanced braking systems, compressed natural gas, computer diagnoses and emissions testing, and systems training in engine performance.
Automotive Technician Job Outlook
According to the Bureau of Labor, voluntary certification by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) has become a standard credential for automotive technician training. You could aim to become a master technician by passing all eight courses.
To retain your certification title, you will need to retake all eight examinations every five years. Auto ownership is expected to continue to rise. This, combined with the increasing complexity of onboard engine management systems, means that qualified persons should remain in high demand. Once you have achieved certification in any of the eight fields, your job prospects are expected to be very good according to the Bureau of Labor.
- Universal Tech Institute
- Jumpstart your Auto Tech Career! Call to Enroll at a UTI School.
- Dedicated to providing career training since 1975.
- Has 13 campus locations in Southern California and a campus in Morrow, GA.
- Provides flexible class times including weekends.
- Offers curriculum that ranges from 8 month diploma programs to 16-month Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Has admissions professionals available to help students decide which diploma or degree program they should pursue.
- Gives job placement assistance strengthened by relationships with local employers.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Provides students the opportunity to train at home in their spare time to get their high school diploma, train for a new career, or enhance current skills.
- Offers programs in psychology/social work, business management, medical billing, criminal justice, and more.
- Member of the United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA), the Canadian Network for Innovation in Education (CNIE), and the International Council for Open and Distance Education (ICDE).
- Features a fully flexible schedule with no classes to attend, leaving the study pace up to the student.
- Online Courses
- Ranked among top Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked 37th among the Best Colleges for Veterans by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Stands as the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation with 100,000+ students.
- Offers over 230 programs online, from the certificate to the doctoral level.
- Has a student-faculty ratio of 25:1, and 42.3% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Designated as a 2016 Military Friendly School by Victory Media.
- Offers several aviation maintenance programs, including engineering, electronics, helicopter, and avionics technology.
- Tutoring and advising services are available to students at no additional cost.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 11 campuses across the United States, with locations in California, Virginia, Texas, Indianapolis, Florida, and more.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Online Courses