According to the Department of Labor, the FAA requires at least 1.5 years of work experience for certification. In addition, most aircraft mechanics have earned a 2 or 4-year degree from an FAA-certified school. Read More...
Motorcycle Mechanic Schools - Motorcycle Mechanics Training
Motorcycle mechanic schools offer a huge variety of different motorcycle mechanic training programs, but whatever program you choose to take at motorcycle mechanic school, you can be sure you will boost your career prospects.
Motorcycle Mechanic Training
Motorcycle mechanic training programs generally fall into two categories. General programs supply the theory and practical hands-on experience you need to service motorcycles and to diagnose/repair faults.
You will cover a broad range of subjects including engines, transmission, suspension and chassis systems, electrical and fuel systems. You will learn how each different motorcycle component works,what can go wrong and how to make quality repairs in the minimum time possible.
The second category of motorcycle mechanic program is manufacturer-specific - so you will cover the same sorts of subjects, but with particular emphasis on the service and repair of motorcycles produced by leading names in the motorcycle industry such as Harley-Davidson, Yamaha, BMW, Kawasaki, Honda and Suzuki.
Motorcycle Mechanic Careers
There is no defined career path or national accreditation for becoming a motorcycle mechanic. Formal general or manufacturer-specific programs as outlined above will probably need to be combined with up to three years' on the job training.
Instead of a longer general or manufacturer-specific programs (or combination of the two), many budding motorcycle mechanics learn on the job and take short formal programs to enhance their skills or learn about new models. Motorcycle mechanics who want to carry out warranty work for the big name motorcycle manufacturers or for insurance companies must first attend certain manufacturer-specific programs.
Motorcycle Mechanic Job prospects
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that employment of motorcycle mechanics will grow as fast as the average for all occupations. Those individuals who complete formal motorcycle mechanic training programs should enjoy particularly favorable job prospects. Find out more about how easy it can be to get motorcycle mechanic training.
- Jumpstart your Career. Train to be a Motorcycle Mechanic at MMI!
- Dedicated to providing career training since 1975.
- Has 13 campus locations in Southern California and a campus in Morrow, GA.
- Provides flexible class times including weekends.
- Offers curriculum that ranges from 8 month diploma programs to 16-month Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Has admissions professionals available to help students decide which diploma or degree program they should pursue.
- Gives job placement assistance strengthened by relationships with local employers.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Designated as a 2016 Military Friendly School by Victory Media.
- Offers several aviation maintenance programs, including engineering, electronics, helicopter, and avionics technology.
- Tutoring and advising services are available to students at no additional cost.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 11 campuses across the United States, with locations in California, Virginia, Texas, Indianapolis, Florida, and more.
- Ranked among top Regional Universities in the South by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked 37th among the Best Colleges for Veterans by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Stands as the largest private, nonprofit university in the nation with 100,000+ students.
- Offers over 230 programs online, from the certificate to the doctoral level.
- Has a student-faculty ratio of 25:1, and 42.3% of its classes have fewer than 20 students.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Online Courses