According to the Department of Labor, the FAA requires at least 1.5 years of work experience for certification. In addition, most aircraft mechanics have earned a 2 or 4-year degree from an FAA-certified school. Read More...
Aviation Maintenance Training - Aviation Maintenance Schools
For many, working in aviation was a childhood dream, a distant possibility like being an astronaut or a major league baseball player. But of all the dream jobs, aviation jobs are surprisingly attainable.
In fact, if you have a high school degree, all you need is about a year and a half at a FAA licensed aviation maintenance training school and you can join an industry that the US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts will only expand in the foreseeable future.
Aviation maintenance Job Outlook
Aviation maintenance is a good example of an aviation job whose career potential is only rising. With the possible exception of jobs at major airlines, aviation jobs of all types are proliferating. And if you enroll in a good aviation maintenance training school, you will be perfectly prepared to start a long and fruitful aviation career.
Opportunities in aviation maintenance abound. According to the US Bureau of labor statistics, jobs for aircraft mechanics of every stripe are expected to increase about as fast as the average for all occupations through the year 2012, and large numbers of additional job openings should arise from the need to replace experienced mechanics who are retiring.
Who Employs People with Aviation Maintenance Training
Up and coming companies like Jet Blue, Southwest and other low cost or regional airlines are expanding exponentially and struggling to keep their staffs large enough to support their success.
These companies recruit regularly from aviation maintenance training programs. Although some aviation maintenance careers are obtainable through on-the-job training, most learn their job and get a job in 1 of about 200 aviation maintenance training schools certified by the FAA.
But when choosing a good aviation maintenance training program, remember that it needs to obey the FAA standards established by law requiring certified mechanic schools offer students a minimum of 1,900 actual class hours. Getting that FAA certification upon completion of program is the key.
- Designated as a 2016 Military Friendly School by Victory Media.
- Offers several aviation maintenance programs, including engineering, electronics, helicopter, and avionics technology.
- Tutoring and advising services are available to students at no additional cost.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC).
- 11 campuses across the United States, with locations in California, Virginia, Texas, Indianapolis, Florida, and more.
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Online Courses
- Pursue Your Passion At UTI And Get State-Of-The-Industry Training!
- Features small class sizes and with class options in the day, evening, and weekend.
- Member of the Commercial Vehicle Training Association and a proud sponsor of HirePatriots.
- Offers lifetime job placement assistance, and financial aid to those who qualify.
- Programs are available in commercial truck driving and CDL driving training.
- Campus is located in Yuma, Arizona.
- Dedicated to providing career training since 1975.
- Has 13 campus locations in Southern California and a campus in Morrow, GA.
- Provides flexible class times including weekends.
- Offers curriculum that ranges from 8 month diploma programs to 16-month Associate of Applied Science degree programs.
- Has admissions professionals available to help students decide which diploma or degree program they should pursue.
- Gives job placement assistance strengthened by relationships with local employers.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Many programs require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1984.
- Offers 22 accelerated, career-focused program options including business administration, medical assisting, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- 11 campuses across California, with an online division as well.
- Financial Aid
- Morning, afternoon, evening and weekend classes are available.
- Offers lifetime career assistance services to graduates, including resume and cover letter assistance, employer networking, and one-on-one employment counseling.
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 8 campuses located across California, with 3 additional campuses in New Hampshire and Maine and online options.
- Financial Aid