Mechanical Engineering Degree - Mechanical Engineering Schools
A Mechanical Engineering Degree provides a broadly based engineering training which will enable you to specialize in a wide range of fields. Because the types of machinery and engines which require the skills of Mechanical Engineers are found in many different organizations and locations, a Mechanical Engineering Degree will offer you an exceptionally varied choice of work specializations and opportunities.
You might be involved with work on the design of electric generators, the development of new automobile engines, industrial equipment, or refrigeration and air-conditioning technology. You could also design tools for the use of other engineers. Mechanical engineering schools design their speciality programs to cover many areas.
Mechanical Engineering Degree Duties
Because there are so many different types of job for Mechanical Engineering Degree school graduates, the duties can vary widely from job to job. Mechanical Engineers generally work at one or more of the stages of the manufacturing process, ranging from initial concept to production.
If you worked in research, you would investigate the possibilities of products or processes. In development, you would move the initial concept into a more concrete technical form. Designing products so they can be economically manufactured is another major role for Mechanical Engineers, as is developing test equipment. Some Mechanical Engineers move into sales or management positions.
Mechanical Engineering Degree Job Opportunities
As a graduate of a Mechanical Engineering Degree program, you would find a demand for your services in many different industries and businesses. Manufacturing and production-based businesses are major traditional employers of Mechanical Engineers, but the evolution of innovative technologies in biomedical and materials science fields will also create new opportunities in Mechanical Engineering.
Your career outlook will benefit both from the development of more complex manufacturing systems and the wide skill-base of a Mechanical Engineering Degree, which can be effectively transferred to other areas of engineering work.
About Brightwood College
Brightwood College offers accelerated programs that combine flexible schedules and professional instruction to create a rewarding learning experience for individuals focused on gaining the skills for specific careers. Brightwood College is owned and operated by Education Corporation of America.
About Education Corporation of America
Education Corporation of America's institutions broaden access to postsecondary educational opportunities.
- Many programs require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1984.
- Offers 22 accelerated, career-focused program options including business administration, medical assisting, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- 11 campuses across California, with an online division as well.
- Financial Aid
- Online and Bachelor's programs include B.S. in Advertising, B.S. in Web Design, B.A. in Interior Design, and more
- Curriculum focus on preparing students for a creative career by teaching them the fundamentals of advertising and design
- Students can choose from courses that cover areas such as advertising concepts, art direction, experience design, and online marketing
- Over 50 locations nationwide, with a student support team dedicated to helping students grow
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits