Mechanical Engineering Degree - Mechanical Engineering Schools
A Mechanical Engineering Degree provides a broadly based engineering training which will enable you to specialize in a wide range of fields. Because the types of machinery and engines which require the skills of Mechanical Engineers are found in many different organizations and locations, a Mechanical Engineering Degree will offer you an exceptionally varied choice of work specializations and opportunities.
You might be involved with work on the design of electric generators, the development of new automobile engines, industrial equipment, or refrigeration and air-conditioning technology. You could also design tools for the use of other engineers. Mechanical engineering schools design their speciality programs to cover many areas.
Mechanical Engineering Degree Duties
Because there are so many different types of job for Mechanical Engineering Degree school graduates, the duties can vary widely from job to job. Mechanical Engineers generally work at one or more of the stages of the manufacturing process, ranging from initial concept to production.
If you worked in research, you would investigate the possibilities of products or processes. In development, you would move the initial concept into a more concrete technical form. Designing products so they can be economically manufactured is another major role for Mechanical Engineers, as is developing test equipment. Some Mechanical Engineers move into sales or management positions.
Mechanical Engineering Degree Job Opportunities
As a graduate of a Mechanical Engineering Degree program, you would find a demand for your services in many different industries and businesses. Manufacturing and production-based businesses are major traditional employers of Mechanical Engineers, but the evolution of innovative technologies in biomedical and materials science fields will also create new opportunities in Mechanical Engineering.
Your career outlook will benefit both from the development of more complex manufacturing systems and the wide skill-base of a Mechanical Engineering Degree, which can be effectively transferred to other areas of engineering work.
- Within 6 months of graduation, over 90% of new graduates land jobs in their fields of study.
- Offers an $18k College Completer Scholarship for transferring students who meet requirements.
- All professors hold advanced degrees, many with MBAs and PhDs.
- Classes start every 8 weeks, and curriculum is updated regularly with input from industry leaders.
- More than 85% of students receive financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC/NCA).
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Students who qualify may apply for the Opportunity Scholarship, which can help lower education costs.
- Offers career-focused, degree programs to over 70,000 students at over 140 ITT Technical Institutes in 35 states.
- Classes are offered year-round, with day and evening course options.
- Online courses can be accessed from anywhere, 24 hours a day.
- Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits