Surveying Schools - Surveying
Mankind has been surveying and mapping the surface of our planet for thousands of years. We have evidence of Egyptian survey tools going back four thousand years. These days, surveying is as important as ever, and surveyors have the use of a much wider variety of tools, many of which employ new and computer-based technology.
Training to work in surveying now involves getting a solid grasp of modern surveying technology, and Surveying Schools offer the education which every surveyor needs.
Here are some examples of the tools that Surveying Schools will teach you about:
- Theodolite calculates angles to determine relative positions. Modern theodolites often operate electronically, as opposed to the traditional optical system.
- GPS(global positioning system) uses satellites to provide radio based navigation and mapping facilities
- GIS(geographical information system) computer banks of data used for mapping and other functions. GIS has many uses in addition to surveying and mapping.
- Laser meterenables automatic measurement of distance by projecting a laser beam onto a surface
- Computer software and database systems for storing, analyzing, and retrieving data.
Surveying Schools graduates job opportunities
Job opportunities for graduates of Surveying Schools will be strongest in the traditional areas of architecture, engineering, and related activities. There are also opportunities in firms that offer surveying and mapping services to clients and companies who require such data.
Government agencies are also significant employers of Surveying Schools graduates, particularly in town planning, highways, and redevelopment. The future outlook for surveying workers will be best for those with a thorough understanding of new and evolving technologies in surveying. This means that, as a graduate of a Surveying School, you will have the professional expertise to compete for the best jobs.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2007.
- 100% online university, offering 40+ targeted degree and certificate programs.
- Features frequent course starts, convenient eight-week classes, and possible credit transferability for prior coursework and training.
- Offers several institutional scholarships and other financial aid opportunities to students who qualify.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Training Council (DETC).
- Online Courses