Surveying Schools - Surveying
Mankind has been surveying and mapping the surface of our planet for thousands of years. We have evidence of Egyptian survey tools going back four thousand years. These days, surveying is as important as ever, and surveyors have the use of a much wider variety of tools, many of which employ new and computer-based technology.
Training to work in surveying now involves getting a solid grasp of modern surveying technology, and Surveying Schools offer the education which every surveyor needs.
Here are some examples of the tools that Surveying Schools will teach you about:
- Theodolite calculates angles to determine relative positions. Modern theodolites often operate electronically, as opposed to the traditional optical system.
- GPS(global positioning system) uses satellites to provide radio based navigation and mapping facilities
- GIS(geographical information system) computer banks of data used for mapping and other functions. GIS has many uses in addition to surveying and mapping.
- Laser meterenables automatic measurement of distance by projecting a laser beam onto a surface
- Computer software and database systems for storing, analyzing, and retrieving data.
Surveying Schools graduates job opportunities
Job opportunities for graduates of Surveying Schools will be strongest in the traditional areas of architecture, engineering, and related activities. There are also opportunities in firms that offer surveying and mapping services to clients and companies who require such data.
Government agencies are also significant employers of Surveying Schools graduates, particularly in town planning, highways, and redevelopment. The future outlook for surveying workers will be best for those with a thorough understanding of new and evolving technologies in surveying. This means that, as a graduate of a Surveying School, you will have the professional expertise to compete for the best jobs.
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
Students benefit from a balance of classroom instruction and real-world experience, learning the skills they need to go straight to work in todays competitive job market.
- Construction Management
Westwood College is dedicated to preparing students with the knowledge, skills and training needed for meaningful employment. Through education, we create opportunities, change lives and impact futures.
- Los Angeles
- Construction Management (B)
- Construction Management (A)
Why ASU? At ASU, learning online is effective, flexible and smart. Every program delivered online is developed by the same excellent faculty who teach on our campuses, and is designed to engage students and professors in meaningful ways. The result? Our students are an integral part of a New American University.
- MS in Global Technology and Development