Mechanical Engineering Technology - Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical Engineering Technology rests on a broad base of engineering skills. As a result, Mechanical Engineers are able to apply their expertise in a variety of ways and specialize in many fields of engineering work.
You might choose to work in manufacturing industries, focusing on materials, or the design and manufacture of production equipment.
Controlling the heat and humidity of our air supply is another important field for Mechanical Engineers, as is refrigeration. Working on automobile and engine design and manufacture are further examples of the many ways in which you could specialize.
Major Feats Of Mechanical Engineering Technology
Since the invention of the wheel, Mechanical Engineering Technology has made many important contributions to civilization. Here are two famous examples.
The Steam Engine
The invention of the steam engine in the eighteenth century was an achievement of Mechanical Engineering that revolutionized the world. The development of the efficient use of steam enables the development of powerful and effective machinery that led to the Industrial Revolution and the age of mass manufacture.
The Internal Combustion Engine
The Internal Combustion Engine, by enabling the conversion of fuel into heat inside an engine, allowed the development of small efficient engines and heralded the age of the automobile and other forms of transport.
Mechanical Engineering Technology Job Opportunities
Mechanical Engineering Technology provides a wide spectrum of job opportunities. Mechanical Engineers work in manufacturing, energy production, automobile design, and refrigeration and air conditioning, among many other industries.
You will find typical jobs such as Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Sales Engineer, or Consulting Engineer being offered by many different employers. The development of existing technologies and the evolution of new ones should ensure a constant demand for professionals in Mechanical Engineering Technology.
- Students who qualify may apply for the Opportunity Scholarship, which can help lower education costs.
- Offers career-focused, degree programs to over 70,000 students at over 140 ITT Technical Institutes in 35 states.
- Classes are offered year-round, with day and evening course options.
- Online courses can be accessed from anywhere, 24 hours a day.
- Nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- A part of the Select Education Group (SEG).
- Offers several scholarship and financial aid opportunities for students who qualify.
- California campuses accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC), and accreditation for the Salem campus from the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET).
- 4 Campuses located in Clovis, Modesto, and Redding in California, and Salem, Oregon.
- Flexible Scheduling
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits
- Many programs require externships, allowing students to gain real-world experience.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 1984.
- Offers 22 accelerated, career-focused program options including business administration, medical assisting, and more.
- Regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- 12 campuses across California, with an online division as well.
- Financial Aid