Quality Control Training - Quality Inspector
Manufacturing goods and products so they are built to the right quality level is an important consideration for manufacturing businesses. Quality Control Training will give you the skills which you require to work in Quality Control in a number of capacities.
As a Quality Inspector you might work at various stages in the manufacturing process. You might inspect mechanical parts, electrical flow, or test the quality of materials or subassemblies to be incorporated in products. You might also be involved with the use of software to control testing.
Quality Control tools
Modern Quality Control depends heavily on the use of stastical methods, generally referred to as Statistical Quality Control (SQC), to test and maintain standards. The main statistical tools are:
- Control Chart the primary SQC tool
- Check sheet to present information in clear graphic form
- Flow chart to show each stage of a process
- Histogram to provide at-a-glance picture of data distribution
- Cause and Effect Diagramto associate an effect with its possible causes
- Scatter Diagram to highlight the effect of one variable on another
- Pareto Chartto identify the most important factors in the system
You may also use test equipment and software to check individual products and to establish trends.
Quality Control Training job opportunities
Your Quality Control Training will enable you to seek jobs in most manufacturing industries as well as non-manufacturing businesses which implement quality standards.
While the overall number of Quality Inspectors may not grow too quickly, that is partly because more emphasis is being placed on sophisticated and computer-based quality management. This means that if you have the benefit of a formal Quality Control Training you will be well-placed to take advantage of the demand for highly-trained inspectors.
- Approved A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) since 2007.
- 100% online university, offering 40+ targeted degree and certificate programs.
- Features frequent course starts, convenient eight-week classes, and possible credit transferability for prior coursework and training.
- Offers several institutional scholarships and other financial aid opportunities to students who qualify.
- Accredited by the Distance Education Training Council (DETC).
- Online Courses
- Financial Aid
- Transferable Credits